Wednesday, November 2

Scrivener for Windows Launches Next Week

For years, I’ve hung out in writing forums and endured the ridicule of MacApple authors, belittling me for using Microsoft Word to write fiction. They bragged on the speed and efficiency of focusing on plotting and characterization without the software slowing them down. They used Scrivener, software for writers only, and at the time, the product ran on Apple’s only. No Windows version.

For years, I’ve tried to get what they have. I’ve bought or installed trials for over fifty programs designed for writers, including a number of add-ons for Microsoft Word and Open Office, but with every set of features came annoying quirks, and none delivered the efficiency described by users of Scrivener.

That all changed last year, when I started beta testing the first-ever Scrivener for Windows.

I was afraid, at first. What if Scrivener for Windows wasn’t as good as the Mac version? Or what if it was? What if Scrivener didn’t live up to the hype? What if I’d wasted precious time searching for the perfect tool, when I could have been writing?

Like I said, that was a year ago. I am not afraid any more. My search is over, and I am glad I made the effort. Scrivener for Windows is the best writing software ever deployed on a PC. I can use it to organize my thoughts the way I think, and that’s no easy task, because—as you know—sometimes I’m really way out there.

I really love this product! I can use Scrivener for writing fiction and non-fiction, short-stories or novels. Nothing gets in the way, and I never have to switch programs to get my work done. Check out Scrivener for Windows. You’ll thank me a thousand times over. In fact, if you take my advice I want a cut of your next book sale, because with Scrivener you’ll finish it faster than you ever thought possible.

1 comment:

Jeff Faria said...

I'm a big fan of Scrivener, and I am told (though I have not tried it yet) that its e-pub implementation is flawless. Here's hoping. Love the illustrations you've chosen for this site and your Facebook site, they have a great feel for light. Saw you have set up a new Pinterest area, too. If you can use anything from my site to help you get it off the ground, feel free: http://pinterest.com/jefffaria/