Sunday, January 8

JK Rowling is coming after me

Although fans have a two or three year wait for Book Seven, the last in the Harry Potter Series, speculations are already flying about what J. K. Rowling will write next. Many believe that she will move to the mystery and thriller genres. Great. Just what I needed: more competition. This one just happens to be a best-selling author already.

Fans may remember the interview with Rowling two years ago for BBC Newsnight where she stated she had been working on a non Harry related novel between books four and five. And just last week on jkrowling.com, she joked about having several unpublished works "languishing in drawers".

According to close friend, writer Ian Rankin, Rowling has a strong interest in crime fiction and would be a successful writer of detective novels. The creator of the Inspector Rebus books said: "I know she is a crime fiction fan, so I would love it if she went on and wrote a crime novel. I think the Harry Potter novels are whodunits anyway. There are lots of red herrings and mystery. As long as she doesn't set it in Edinburgh I'll be quite happy."

A spokesperson for Rowling has stated that it is simply "far too early for Rowling to comment in any detail about what she will write next." What can I do to get her interested in horror? Now, that Anne Rice is writing Christian novels, I know there's a opening there.

No comments: