Friday, January 13

PD James promotes her new mystery

The Lighthouse (Adam Dalgliesh Mystery Series #13)P. D. James flew to New York from her home in Britain to promote herlatest mystery, "The Lighthouse." http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/TV2/archive/00137/PD_James_krimforfat_137068a.jpgSet on a remote, treeless island,"The Lighthouse" features the author's Scotland Yard detective,Commander Adam Dalgleish. 
The jazz-loving detective, who also writespoetry, and his team are sent to Combe Island, an uber resort off theCornwall coast for government officials who need a break from theirvery public lives, but a gruesome murder takes place. The story of her visit and the plot of her book both seem to be old news to me. What I didn't realize was that P. D. was a woman! I've got to take a poll, but I think women, both authors and readers, have taken over the mystery genre. I'm considering spreading rumors that "H. L." stands for "Heidi Lynn" just to increase book sales.

No comments: